How a Position of Authority Grows Your Business, with Chris Prefontaine
Chris is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- What it means to have a position of authority in your industry, and why it’s so important
- How you can create a position of authority for your business and “plant your flag” in your local market
- Why owning your position of authority is crucial for protecting your business from larger or well-funded competitors in your market
- How to use your position of authority to attract right-fit prospects while simultaneously repelling the wrong ones
- The importance of staying current in your industry, and how it affects your position of authority as well as your personal credibility
- Why it can be dangerous (yes, dangerous) for businesses to operate alongside competitors who are not staying current in their industry
- How taking the time to stay current while helping others do the same — “teaching what you’re applying” — can help you build trust, authority, and loyalty with your audiences
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.