Episode 531: The Native Advertising Advantage, with Mike Smith.
Mike Smith is the author of “THE NATIVE ADVERTISING ADVANTAGE” and senior vice president of revenue platforms and operations for Hearst Magazine’s Digital Media and senior vice president of advertising platforms for Hearst’s Core Audience. He is responsible for digital media revenue platforms, including the company’s programmatic sales engineering efforts through the Hearst Exchange, the company’s auction system for selling advertising on its hundreds of websites. His previous book, “Targeted”, was named one of the “Top 6 Business Books to Read” by Inc.com and won the Axiom Gold Medal Award for best advertising / marketing book for 2015.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- An important innovation that will affect advertising for a long time
- The two big categories of digital advertising
- How native advertising was designed to ‘fit in’
- Using Franklin Covey’s system and tools to stay organized and focused
- Daily habits that contribute to Mike’s success and effectiveness
- Valuable lessons that Mike learned from some of his mentors, including the late Dr. Stephen Covey
- Having a business strategy in place that is very product and customer focused
- The importance of hiring effective people
- Having a prudent financial strategy and course correcting as needed
- Globalizing your network
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Mike:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/mikesmithblog
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/msmith99
- Twitter: @msmith
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com