Episode 670: The chill of the sigh, with Mike O’Krent
Mike O’Krent is the founder of Life Stories Alive, a business specializing in the making personal history “legacy” videos for families. In a life-changing experience, from 1996 through 2000 Mike interviewed Holocaust survivors for Steven Spielberg’s “Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation”, now the USC Shoah Foundation. It was through that experience that Mike discovered the significance and technique of recording the life stories of loved ones. The business has since expanded its expertise beyond capturing personal histories for families to now include recording the histories of businesses and non-profit organizations. You may remember Mike and the wisdom he shared during Episode 484. If you haven’t listened to, studied, and applied all he shared during our first interview…I highly encourage you to add Episode 484 to your list of vital priorities.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Mike wrote his first book, “A Conversation You’ll Never Forget — A Guide to Capturing a Life Story”
- The value of capturing stories for your business, not just for your loved ones
- The power of marketing through storytelling
- The quote that has helped Mike get through the tough times of being an entrepreneur
- Why you should reconnect with your purpose of why you started your business
- How telling your life story can help you discover things about yourself that you didn’t even know
- What Mike calls ‘the chill of the sigh’ and how it helps him define success
- Finding your ‘why’
- How all successful business owners have a team to help them
- Why you need to make it about the prospective customer or client — not about you
- Why listening intently is the biggest skill you can ever have
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with Mike: