You have 1 shot at this, with Mike O’Krent.
Mike O’Krent is the founder of LifeStories Alive, a business specializing in the making personal history “legacy” videos for families. In a life-changing experience, from 1996 through 2000 Mike interviewed Holocaust survivors for Steven Spielberg’s “Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation”, now the USC Shoah Foundation. It was through that experience, that Mike discovered the significance and technique of recording the life stories of loved ones. The business has since expanded its expertise beyond capturing personal histories for families to now include recording the histories of businesses and non-profit organizations. Mike’s unique interviewing skills bring out the heart and essence of the interviewee, thus making powerfully valuable connections to the intended audience.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- How hiring a business coach changed Mike’s path in life
- Why the best tool to improve on is your listening skills
- Creating a safe place for people to tell their stories
- Important conversation skills like showing sincere interest & genuine curiosity
- The importance of capturing the stories of the ones that you love
- Why paying attention to what your clients & potential clients want is the most important skill to have
- Why you need to keep in the back of your mind that ‘you have one shot at it’
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Mike:
Attract all the right-fit clients you need
LIVE from 8:30am to 12 Noon Central
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.