Episode 593: Always show up, with Lauren Magura
Lauren Magura is the founder and CEO of Cinematcher – the matchmaking app for film, TV, and digital media jobs and events. She came up with the idea of Cinematcher through her passion for connecting people. Lauren has a background from NBC operations and Universal Pictures in marketing and film. The true dedication of everyone in the industry, and the need for an instant and location-based hiring process to keep up with the massive increase of content creation, influenced her to put Cinematcher into motion.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- How writing lists helps you accomplish your vital priorities each day
- Why scheduling all calls or in-person meetings for the same day can be a time saver
- How following your internal clock can lead to being more energized throughout your day
- Reducing distractions during the day by setting your cellphone aside
- The importance of not letting negative criticism affect you but rather turn it into a positive
- Surrounding yourself with people who know what you don’t
- The power of being present in everything you do
- How making mistakes leads to being a better leader and business owner
- The importance of staying focused on your goals
- Why the key to success in your business is being persistent
Subscribe to Onward Nation!