Episode 592: Verify everything, with Charles Dobens
Charles Dobens is the co-founder of the Multifamily Investing Academy – an educational foundation dedicated to working with new investors to train them in the correct way to acquire, operate and own multifamily property. A Boston-based attorney and founder of Dobens Law, Charles has also acquired over 800 apartment units around the country and works exclusively with investors looking to acquire multifamily properties.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- How the best learning experiences often arise out of failures
- Avoiding mistakes by verifying everything and learning you can’t always trust everyone
- The 5 points of how to make money in multifamily properties
- The importance of businesses having total control of their records, accounting, and cash
- Why the most critical skill for business owners is to master is sales and marketing
- The key lesson of being a good mentor and helping others succeed
- Focusing on both the front end and back end of a business deal at the same time
- The importance of finding the right customers and treating them right
- The need to be patient and understanding business take time to build
- Why you need to take action and not wait for opportunities to come to you
Subscribe to Onward Nation!