Episode 734: Leading in the moment, with Judith Humphrey
Judith Humphrey is the founder of The Humphrey Group, a premier leadership communications firm. She is a communications expert whose business teaches global clients how to communicate as confident and compelling leaders. Judith is the author of three books including the upcoming “Impromptu: Leading in the Moment”, an acclaimed speaker, and a columnist for Fast Company. And in 2012, Judith was the recipient of the prestigious YWCA Women of Distinction Award for Entrepreneurship.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The importance of making your message inspirational to the audience
- Why inspirational leadership is critical
- Why leadership today has nothing to do with your title, your rank, or your power
- Why Judith felt it was important to write her latest book “Impromptu: Leading in the Moment”
- Why business owners need to train and prepare themselves for impromptu speaking
- Why listening is very important in impromptu speaking
- The importance of knowing your audience and reading them well
- Judith explains the 4-part template for structuring the leader script
- Why communication is the most important skill when running a business
- Why you should always prepare to be spontaneous in your role as an entrepreneur
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
Ways to contact Judith: