Episode 720: Anxiety is negative prediction, with J.D. Graffam
Our special encore guest today is J.D. Graffam. He is a user experience expert and business leader. He founded his first business, Simple Focus, a digital experience company, in 2009. Today, his holding company, Graffam Companies, manages three digital agencies and six product businesses, all of which are bootstrapped and profitable. In his industry, he co-founded “CSS Off”, the world’s first philanthropic CSS contest, speaks nationally about creative leadership, user experience, and business, and is the author of the book “CSS for Print Designers.” Now…you may remember J.D. and the wisdom he shared during Episode 354. If you haven’t listened to, studied, and applied all he shared during our first interview…I highly encourage you to add Episode 354 to your list of vital priorities.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why you need to learn to trust your own patience
- The role common sense plays in being successful in business
- Why success is however we define it for ourselves
- Why you should not be afraid of failure
- Why J.D. feels failure should be considered an organic natural outcome from doing things
- Why anxiety is not fear, it is a negative prediction
- Why hiring A-players is not the only way to get A-players
- Why you should gain satisfaction from an A-player moving on to other opportunities
- The value of having relationships with your employees on an individual level
- Why you have to have the ability to critically evaluate your current scenario
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
Ways to contact JD: