Learning the language of leadership, with Chris Westfall
Today we are speaking with Chris Westfall, a sought-after business consultant, communication coach, keynote speaker, and the author, co-author, or publisher of eight books. Advising hundreds of thousands of leaders from high-growth entrepreneurial enterprises, Shark Tank startups, and Fortune 100 companies, he has helped create multi-million-dollar revenue streams for businesses on four continents. He is the U.S. National Elevator Pitch Champion and the author of the new book Leadership Language: Using Authentic Communication to Drive Results (Wiley, 2018). To learn more, visit westfallonline.com.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Chris was recognized as the U.S. National “Elevator Pitch” champion, and how that has translated to his work
- Chris explains the building blocks and critical components of an elevator pitch, and how to effectively share your story
- How to use “you language” to build universal connections and start powerful conversations
- Why “entrepreneur-itis” is a common ailment that keeps you in the engine room of your business rather than steering it from the deck
- Why Chris felt driven to write his book “Leadership Language: Using Authentic Communication to Drive Results”
- Why Chris defines a client as anyone upon whom your success depends, whether it be your board of directors, your investors, or your spouse
- Why “the empty chair” is a seat at the discussion table reserved for your client’s clients
- Why anticipation is a super-power, and why “I’ve thought this through” are four incredible words to use throughout your life
- How it’s critical to live in the moment, move beyond past experiences to look toward the future
- How Chris’s experience with an unexpected mentor impacted his life and changed his outlook on life
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.