Jody Sutter is the owner of The Sutter Company, a new business consultancy that advises small agencies on organizing and operationalizing their growth strategy. She started The Sutter Company after more than two decades of running business development teams for agencies, large and small, and spanning a diverse list of disciplines. They’ve included R/GA, OMD, Havas Media, and The VIA Agency.
Jody frequently speaks at leading industry events around the world such as Traffic & Conversion Summit, INBOUND, the ICA’s Agency Transformation Summit, The Drum’s Pitch Perfect new business conference, and is a featured instructor in the 4As Learning & Development program.
Her book, A Small Agency’s Guide to Winning New Business: 8 Steps to Winning More of the Right Kinds of Clients, is now available on Amazon.com.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- How to create an environment for winning
- How to build a program for biz dev growth that aligns with the ground we claim
- What are the best ways to go from abstract to tactical in biz dev
- How to become equipped with a strong story for our right-fit clients
- Why it’s beneficial to get in touch with vulnerabilities
- 8 practical steps to eliminate feast or famine in biz dev