The plain truth about publishing: How to decide if you should find a publisher or self-publish, with Wendy Keller
Wendy Keller is an award-winning former journalist, a respected literary agent, an author, speaker and acclaimed book marketing consultant. She has sold nearly 2,000 rights deals worldwide including 16 New York Times Bestsellers and 9 international bestsellers. She got her first job as a newspaper reporter as a 16-year-old college freshman. Since then, Wendy worked for PR Newswire; the Knight-Ridder newspaper chain; as managing editor of Dateline magazine.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What an agent does
- Why you need an agent in order to get a deal with a publisher
- Being clear on your outcome before committing to writing a book
- What a platform is and why you need to build one if you want to write a book
- Working with a publisher vs. self publishing
- Different scenarios where self publishing might be your best option
- Strategies for success when considering writing a book
- Why you need something to differentiate yourself from everyone else
- The top things that you should be doing to build your platform
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with Wendy:
- Website: kellermedia.com
- Book submission guidelines: kellermedia.com/submission-guidelines
- Webinars: kellermedia.com/webinars
- “Rent” Wendy’s brain: kellermedia.com/rent
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.