Shawn Murphy serves as CEO of WorqIQ, formerly Switch and Shift, an organization that helps leaders transform the work experience to be positive, energizing & optimistic. His debut book, “The Optimistic Workplace: Creating an Environment that Energizes Everyone”, is out now. Shawn was recently named a “Top 100 Leadership Speaker” in Inc.com and has over 25 years’ experience as an organizational and culture change practitioner and workshop facilitator.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Why change is a very emotional experience for people
- Where a lot of business owners lose sight when changing their business
- What happens when business owners don’t account for emotional impact
- Why you need to be able to work with detractors who are resistant to change
- Working together to figure out what change means
- Why vulnerability is a key skill that’s needed during times of change
- The valuable lesson that Shawn learned that helped him with sales
- Why you need to have a shared sense of purpose with your team
- How clarity gives people the comfort to act autonomously
- The importance of having mentors to be successful in business
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Shawn: