Episode 725: Democratized access to capital, with Rod Turner
Rod Turner is the Founder, Chairman and CEO of Manhattan Street Capital — the #1 Growth Capital marketplace for mid-stage companies and mature startups. Throughout his career, he founded multiple startups, three of which were sold to public companies. He played a key role in building Symantec where he lead their most strategic acquisition of Norton Antivirus, which has been called the best merger in the tech industry. Rod is also a consultant to CEOs of large companies and startups and is an expert in crowd funding in businesses.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What an initial coin offering (ICO) is
- Why bitcoin is a very high potential technology
- How companies are using bitcoins and in some cases actual tokens
- How blockchain technology can help track the history of what bitcoins were used for
- Why the SEC has stepped in to regulate initial coin offerings
- The size of the SEC compliant token offering market worldwide in 2017 and 2018
- What size company would be best suited to do a token offering
- What types of companies are best suited for a Regulation A offering versus a token offering
- The importance of working with a firm that has experience and knowledge helping businesses navigate the Reg A+, IPO and ICO process
- How the ability to raise funds has advanced due to the new ways to gain access to capital
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
Ways to contact Rod: