Episode 411: Biggest mistakes in podcasting, with Rob Walch.
Rob was inducted into the Podcasting Hall of Fame in 2016. Rob is the Vice President of Podcaster Relations for Libsyn. Prior to joining Libsyn he founded podCast411, Inc in 2004 and is Co-Author of the book “Tricks of the Podcasting Masters.” He has consulted on podcasting for Jack Welch, Senator Edwards, Governor Bill Richardson, Tim Ferriss, Dr. Mark Hyman and the Sacramento Kings to name just a few. Rob is also the host of “Today in iOS Podcast” – The first and largest podcast about the iPhone and also the “KC Startup 411 Podcast”, which covers the Kansas City startup scene.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Rob’s background
- How podcasting can give you a chance to connect on an ongoing basis with your customer base
- Why any business, no matter what industry, should have a podcast
- Making your podcast educational & entertaining
- Why you need to be good at identifying & delivering good, valuable content to your audience
- Why prepping & planning is so important when it comes to podcasting
- Why audience growth is not guaranteed
- How focusing on great content can grow your audience
- Why over-promoting will lead to losing your audience
- Why you shouldn’t be worrying about your download numbers
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with Rob: