Episode 607: Joyful leadership, with Rich Sheridan
Rich Sheridan is the CEO and co-founder of Menlo Innovations and author of “Joy, Inc.: How We Built a Workplace People Love”. His company was founded with the purpose of bringing joy to the world through software and to teach this method to others. Rich spends the majority of his time sharing the “Menlo Way” through teaching classes, leading tours, speaking at conferences and mentoring entrepreneurs in the community. You may remember Rich and the wisdom he shared during Episodes 37 and 286. If you haven’t listened to, studied, and applied all he shared during our other interviews…I highly encourage you to add Episodes 37 and 286 to your list of vital priorities.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- The benefits of focusing on leaders, rather than bosses
- The outcomes of having a leadership model versus a hierarchical model
- How the culture of Menlo is shared openly
- The importance of being flexible and adaptable to change
- How you can learn and grow by being willing to challenge assumptions
- Why creating joy within your organization should be one of the more important things to be thinking about
- The importance of being intentional about the culture within your organization
- The power of asking “who do we serve and what would delight look like for them”
- The benefits of servant leadership
- How to build the energy of a team
Subscribe to Onward Nation!