Close the skills gap, with Patty Alper.
Patty Alper is author of “Teach to Work: How a Mentor, a Mentee, and a Project Can Close the Skills Gap in America.” Patty’s 35-year career as an entrepreneur and business executive, coupled with two decades of hands-on experience working with youth, helps her understand the growing skills gap from both perspectives: the employers who seek to build a pipeline and hire better prepared youth for 21st century jobs, and the youth who are often ill equipped or ill trained to enter the new workforce. Patty bridges the business and academic sectors uniquely with a proven mentorship formula, told through best practices, case studies, and heartwarming true tales of youth.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Where the skills gap exists and why it’s problematic
- How youth are not being prepared well enough to enter the 21st century job market
- What employers and corporations want educators to teach
- How Patty defines mentorship
- How the world is heading towards more service employment
- Why you shouldn’t be scared of mentorship but rather face it with a place of gratitude
- Why autonomy and having the ability to be creative matters
- Why Patty loves having and teaching the ability to plan
- How you can get more out of mentoring than you could possibly imagine
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Patty:
- Website: teachtowork.com
Attract all the right-fit clients you need
LIVE from 8:30am to 12 Noon Central
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.