“Grow bigger ears and a smaller mouth,” with Nancy Marshall.
Nancy Marshall is known as The PR Maven(R), after having worked in public relations for 30 years. She recently published her first book called PR Works!
Click to tweet: Nancy Marshall shares her outstanding experience and insights on Onward Nation!
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
What do you do in the first 60 minutes of your day?
Nancy begins each day with a swim — exercise, meditation, and time to think about the day ahead are building blocks of a successful day. ONWARD!
Favorite quote or lesson?
“Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.” – Maya Angelou
How do you define success?
It’s all about the relationships — Nancy gets such a feeling of accomplishment from being able to keep up with the people in her life.
What strategy do you use to combat fear?
Nancy sought out a hypnotherapist to overcome her fear of public speaking — and Nancy tells the whole story here.
What makes as “A player” an “A player”?
An “A player” has to have a deep rooted desire to be a continuous learner, a leader, and a follower.
Final Round – “Breaking Down the Recipe for Success”
How can we become better mentors?
- Spend time with your employees — both in and out of the office — this is how they’ll learn
- Take an employee with you as much as possible — you need them to be your ears
How can we build an audience?
- I put out two monthly e-newsletters
- I’m really active on social media — it’s important to maintain relationship
- Write a book — it’ll open up doors for you
How can business owners reach that elusive next level?
- Let people talk about themselves — listen to them — they’ll think you’re super smart
How best to connect with Nancy:
- Agency website: http://www.marshallpr.com
- Personal branding website: prmaven.com
- Email: [email protected]
Attract all the right-fit clients you need
LIVE from 8:30am to 12 Noon Central
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.