Episode 136: There's no substitute to doing the work, with Scott McKain.
Scott McKain’s keynote presentations benefit from three decades of experience, combined with his innate talent for articulating successful ideas. McKain has spoken before and consulted for the world’s best companies.
Click to tweet: Scott McKain shares his outstanding experience and insights on Onward Nation!
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
What do you do in the first 60 minutes of your day?
Scott begins his day with stretching — your body and mind both need warm ups in the morning. ONWARD!
Favorite quote or lesson?
“That which is easy to do is also easy not do — which is why most people won’t do it.” – Jim Rohn
How do you define success?
It’s the progressive realization of a worthy goal — Scott learned this lesson from the late Earl Nightingale.
What strategy do you use to combat fear?
Scott looks at every decision as a trade — and Scott tells the reasons why here.
What makes as “A player” an “A player”?
An “A player” has to be willing to do the work, is open to change, and has a sense of purpose.
Final Round – “Breaking Down the Recipe for Success”
How can we become better mentors?
- Walk the talk — people know whether or not you can do it
How can we build an audience?
- Clarity is the beginning — where is your flag in the ground?
- Be creative — you need to find a way to make people interested
How can business owners reach that elusive next level?
- Define what makes you truly unique — why would the customer choose you?
- Define what it feels like to do business with you — what is so compelling about your experience that you’ll get referrals?
How best to connect with Scott: