Adapting to Amazon, with Mike Canarelli and Marcus Grimm
Episode 890: Adapting to Amazon, with Mike Canarelli and Marcus Grimm
Mike Canarelli is the CEO and Co-Founder of Web Talent Marketing and is recognized as one of the top digital marketing agencies in the United States who prides itself on providing unique, scalable long-term solutions for its clients. Mike holds a B.S. from Temple University’s Fox School of Business and Management where he studied Entrepreneurship and Management Information Systems. After six years as a freelance designer and web developer, he founded Axis Creative Group in 2006 and later merged with Web Talent SEO in late 2010.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why the “project management triangle” or “iron triangle” of speed vs. price vs. quality doesn’t exist on Amazon
- Why Amazon offers potential for business-to-business organizations, and why business leaders need to research Amazon to take advantage of future opportunities
- Why businesses see better results the more they spend on Amazon advertising, and why this is similar to grocery and retail store “slotting fees”
- Why a company losing a sale to Amazon, even if it is for a product the company manufactured, can cost valuable remarketing consumer information
- Why each business must develop a unique and individual strategy to deal with Amazon based on their business needs
- Why Mike chose to add the position of “Chief Growth Officer” to the business, how he defines the role, and why he brought Marcus into the position
- How the work Marcus does in the position of Chief Growth Officer benefits the company, and what support he needs to be able to do his job well
- Why some customers are the wrong fit for a business, and why part of Marcus’s role is to identify those situations
- How marketing automation works, and why moving at the speed a prospect wants to go is the key to a successful campaign
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.