Episode 506: Have the appetite for calculated risks, with Marc Vollenweider.
Marc Vollenweider is co-founder and CEO of Evalueserve, an industry-influencing global research, analytics, and data management solutions provider known for its mind+machine™ process that combines a global network of expert analysts and best-in-class technology. A former partner at McKinsey & Company in Zurich and India, he has extensive consulting experience in such industries as telecommunications, banking, and pharmaceuticals.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Why it’s become mandatory to create & build lots of machines to work alongside analysts
- Marc explains why he wrote his book, “MIND + MACHINE” and how the mind will be supported by machines
- How artificial intelligence & machine learning has a big role to play in business
- The value-added food chain and the different layers that make it up
- Why business owners need to be careful about not getting sucked into non-value adding activities
- Using key performance indicators to measure where you are spending your time at on a daily basis
- The importance of being with your clients & serving them even if you are in a CEO role
- Marc’s fundamental belief that if you are happy at home, you will perform well in business
- Having a constant balance between short, medium, and long-term decision-making
- How no business is going to be successful without taking calculated risks
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Marc:
- Website: www.evalueserve.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book: “MIND+MACHINE: A Decision Model For Optimizing And Implementing Analytics”