Les McKeown became the co-founder an incubation consulting company that advised on the creation and growth of literally hundreds of organizations worldwide, with at its peak 13 offices in 7 countries worldwide.
Now Les advises CEOs and senior leaders of organizations just like yours on how to achieve scalable, sustainable growth, speaks to Fortune 500 companies about his breakthrough strategies, is one of Inc.’s top contributing authors. He is also the author of three books on growth leadership, one a Wall St Journal and USA Today bestseller, and a much-in-demand public speaker.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Les began his entrepreneurial journey, starting with his role as an independent consultant in his early 20s
- How Les’s role began to transition into joining and helping found startup businesses as a serial entrepreneur
- Why Les began teaching entrepreneurs to start and grow their businesses and transitioned his career again
- What patterns Les looks at to predict the success or failure of an organization, and what life cycles every business goes through
- How Les’s work helps business owners put their challenges and opportunities into perspective
- Why it is possible to reverse an organization’s “aging” and go back to the predictable success stage
- Les shares case studies of organizations that went through the aging arc into decline
- Why the parts of an organization can be in different parts of the life cycle, and why the parts on the right side of the arc can bring down the rest
- Which skill is most important to help business owners move from the whitewater stage to the predictable success stage
- Why Apple CEO Tim Cook is an excellent example of a leader scaling a business through effective team-building