Sparking conversations about your brand, with Jay Baer
Jay Baer, CSP is the world’s most retweeted person among digital marketers. He is a business strategist, keynote speaker, and the New York Times best-selling author of five books including “Hug Your Haters.” Jay has advised more than 700 companies including Caterpillar, Nike, Allstate, The United Nations and 32 of the FORTUNE 500. He is the founder of Convince & Convert, a strategy consulting firm that helps companies gain and keep more customers through the intersection of technology, social media, and customer service. His Convince & Convert Media division owns the world’s #1 content marketing blog, the world’s top marketing podcast, and many other educational resources for business owners and executives. Jay is the creator of five multi-million dollar companies, he is an active venture capitalist, and technology advisor, as well, Onward Nation…an avid tequila collector and certified barbecue judge.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Jay wrote his new book “Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth”
- Why word of mouth is the best and most effective way to grow your business, and why it is too often ignored
- Why it is difficult to measure word of mouth success, and why being good at your business isn’t enough to get people talking about you
- How Jay defines a talk trigger, and how Jay’s 4-5-6 system can help you create a good talk trigger
- Why an effective talk trigger must always be remarkable, repeatable, reasonable, and relevant
- Why going over the top with your attempt to get people talking about your brand often backfires
- What are the five types of talk triggers, how each is distinct, and how you should stick to just one type
- Why the culture of your business may favor one particular type of talk trigger over the others
- How to create an effective talk trigger including the important steps you must take to get the results you want
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.