John Livesay is a funding strategist and helps CEOs craft a compelling pitch that engages investors in a way that inspires them to join a startup’s team. He is partners with Judy Robinett in “Crack The Funding Code,” which gets founders — funded — fast. He hosts “The Successful Pitch podcast” with investors from around the world. He is the Pitch Mentor at Startfast.net, the number one accelerator in Upstate New York. INC magazine calls John “The Pitch Whisperer.” After a successful 20 year career in media sales with Conde Nast where he worked across all 22 brands in their corporate division, John won salesperson of the year in 2012. John is the author of The Successful Pitch: Conversations On Going From Invisible To Investable.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- The strategy behind John’s podcast
- How John overcame the three faces of fear
- Why you should not take rejection personally & why you should never reject yourself
- Why collaboration is the secret to overcoming your fear of the unknown
- How John created a huge shift in his business
- Why John believes the “team” you have is everything
- How having a podcast has changed John’s personal life & career
- Why empathy is the most critical skill to having a successful podcast
- How John learned to let go of the need to be perfect
- Why you need to be gentle with yourself when starting anything new
- Why you need to keep your focus on how you can serve your listeners
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with John: