John Fairclough is the President and Founder of The Resicom Group which helps retailers optimize the way they improve and maintain their store environment. Under his leadership, the company has evolved from a local construction company into an international provider of facility maintenance and construction services. Now John enjoys sharing his story to inspire others.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The important role John believes the resilience he learned as a child has had on the business leader he has become.
- The strength that comes from difficult times often shapes the business leaders and how that has helped John persevere when many other leaders crash and burn.
- How seeing a need for businesses created a niche that John was able to fill with his company and run with on a widescale level.
- Why John believes it’s important to be useful to clients on a broader scale and how that sets his business apart from so many others.
- John’s belief that it’s just as easy to plan for one project with the same organization as it is to plan for 1000 and why he isn’t interested in one and done projects at this point in his business.
- Avoiding distractions. Why that is so important for keeping your business focus and not chasing revenue for revenue’s sake but only doing so when it falls within the scope and scale of what your business does.
- How John went from living in his car to founding a company that employs 80 people within six and a half years.
- The right size for a business is what it can properly manage. The hard way John learned that lesson and what it has meant for him and the way he does business today.
- The importance of having the right team around you and why you sometimes need to simplify the process to move forward sometimes.
- Why John believes it is sometimes necessary to walk away from the business that grew your business in order for your business to grow further.
Ways to contact John:
- Email: John@JohnCloud.com