Gal Ratner is an award winning technology veteran. He is the co-founder and CEO of ShopSnap, a modern e-commerce platform and the founder and CEO of Inverted Software, a software consulting firm in Los Angeles. With over 20 years of software experience, his designs are responsible for powering Fortune 500 companies in multiple industries. Gal led international teams on major financial, media and entertainment, gaming and e-commerce projects. Some of his projects include Microsoft’s Windows 8 download manager, the Volusion eco system, Rockstar Games’s online store, and ShoppingCart.NET, which he wrote as a pet project and was the most downloaded .NET shopping cart on the Microsoft App Gallery. Gal is also an open source community supporter and contributor with projects ranging in capacity from parallel workflow processing frameworks to extensible caching systems. He is an avid blogger and enjoys passing his extensive software knowledge on to upcoming talent.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Gal’s background
- ShopSnap, Gal’s modern e-commerce platform
- Why conversion rate and security are the two most important things in e-commerce
- Gal’s visualization technique
- Gal’s seven daily habits that keep him focused and on track
- What Gal learned from Perry Marshall that changed the way he does business
- Why you need to get great minds in a room every week and work on strategy
- Why you need to carve your own path
- Why you need to calculate risks
- Why you need to plan, plan, and plan again
- Why you need to look at your customer’s world through their eyes
- Why you need to be flexible
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with Gal: