Episode 478: How to build high trust, with Dr. Paul Zak.
Dr. Paul Zak is the author of the new book “TRUST FACTOR: The Science Of Creating High-Performance Companies”, is founding Director of the Center for Neuroeconomics Studies and Professor of Economics, Psychology, and Management at Claremont Graduate University. He was part of the team of scientists that first made the connection between oxytocin and trust. His TED talk on the topic has received more than 1.4 million views. Paul is also the author of “The Moral Molecule”, has appeared on ABC World News Tonight, CNN, Fox Business, Dr. Phil, and Good Morning America.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Dr. Zak’s background
- Why Dr. Zak believes that it’s our decisions that make us interesting
- How any positive social interaction will trigger the release of oxytocin
- The importance of managing your energy
- Why Dr. Zak believes that there is no work-life balance – only work-life integration
- How getting up & walking around can profuse your brain with fresh, oxygenated blood
- Why it’s so important to know where you are going
- How empowering individuals around you to be successful can free you up to have more cognitive space
- The importance of listening more as you become more successful
- Why it’s so important to have a good culture fit when hiring people
- Why Dr. Zak believes that the most difficult part of managing an organization is the people
- How to create a high trust organization & the benefits of having one
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Dr. Zak:
- Website: www.pauljzak.com