Dr. John Hayes was introduced to the franchise community in 1979 while an assistant professor at Temple University. Dr. Hayes has since been a franchisee of several concepts, a franchisor of a major American franchise company, and a consultant for franchisors in the U.S. and abroad. For more than 25 years he has taught “The A to Zs of Buying a Franchise,” the most popular symposium at the International Franchise Expo. Dr. Hayes has also written several books with franchisors, including “Start Small, Finish Big, Fifteen Key Lessons to Start-and-Run Your Own Successful Business,” with Fred DeLuca, the co-founder of Subway Restaurants.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Dr. Hayes background
- Why it’s important for your personality to fit when considering to become a franchisee
- Why business owners need to master selling
- The importance of trusting your own instincts
- Why it’s so important to follow the franchisor’s system
- Free resources to look into to determine if you are a good fit to be a franchisee
- Strategies to ensure success as a franchisee
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Dr. Hayes: