Episode 477: Is franchising right for you, with Dr. John P. Hayes.
Dr. John Hayes was introduced to the franchise community in 1979 while an assistant professor at Temple University. Dr. Hayes has since been a franchisee of several concepts, a franchisor of a major American franchise company, and a consultant for franchisors in the U.S. and abroad. For more than 25 years he has taught “The A to Zs of Buying a Franchise,” the most popular symposium at the International Franchise Expo. Dr. Hayes has also written several books with franchisors, including “Start Small, Finish Big, Fifteen Key Lessons to Start-and-Run Your Own Successful Business,” with Fred DeLuca, the co-founder of Subway Restaurants.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Dr. Hayes background
- Why it’s important for your personality to fit when considering to become a franchisee
- Why business owners need to master selling
- The importance of trusting your own instincts
- Why it’s so important to follow the franchisor’s system
- Free resources to look into to determine if you are a good fit to be a franchisee
- Strategies to ensure success as a franchisee
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Dr. Hayes: