Episode 628: Entrepreneurial You, with Dorie Clark
Dorie Clark is an adjunct professor at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and the author of “Entrepreneurial You” — and — “Reinventing You” and “Stand Out”, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. Magazine. Dorie is also a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review and consults and speaks for clients including Google, Microsoft, and the World Bank. You may remember Dorie and the wisdom she shared during Episode 97. If you haven’t listened to, studied, and applied all she shared during our first interview…I highly encourage you to add Episode 97 to your list of vital priorities.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Dorie wrote her new book “ Entrepreneurial You”
- How to monetize your expertise
- How to be successful in the entrepreneurial economy
- Why entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs need straight and honest talk
- The business impact of writing a book
- Why success is maximizing your own potential
- The importance of not looking too far ahead but focusing on the next goal
- Being a good mentor by letting people see beyond the surface
- The three things you need to stand out and become an expert in your field
- Why focusing on content creation is a key strategy for success
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Dorie: