Darla Hall is the owner of In the Sports Zone, creating licensed activity books for college, NFL, MLB, NBA and other brands. Her idea started as a gift for a little boy who was struck by a car and suffered two broken legs. She developed the first Roll Tide Activity Book as a gift for him and secured her first license in 2012. He has fully recovered and Darla has grown her business by adding product lines, teams, and leagues each year. She is currently writing a memoir titled, “Ball Cap, Boots, Backflips & Business”, which will be released in 2019.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why focus is hard to accomplish
- The importance of having a drive and passion for your business
- How having a daily task list helps keep you focused
- The benefits of spending 80% of your day on selling
- How to use social media to build your platform and impact your business
- Why selling is the most critical skill business owners need to master
- Why you can’t be afraid of failure when you are trying to build relationships and sell
- The value of mentors and surrounding yourself with smart people
- Why you should look at every day as a new slate
- The need to fight for what you believe in and not to back down
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
Ways to contact Darla:
- Website: www.inthesportszone.com
- LinkedIn: Darla Hall
- Facebook: Darla Hall
- Facebook: In the Sports Zone
- Twitter: @inthezone777
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.