Episode 448: Category kings rule the world, with Christopher Lochhead.
Christopher Lochhead is co-author of the book “Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers, and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets” and Christopher is also the host of the “Legends and Losers” podcast. Christopher is a retired three-time, Silicon Valley, public company CMO, entrepreneur and category designer. Fast Company Magazine calls him a “Human Exclamation Point” and The Economist calls him “off-putting to some”. He can recite much of The Big Lebowski, but can’t remember his wife’s phone number. He’s also an acclaimed public speaker and proud advisor to non-profit “1 Life Fully Lived.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Chris’ background
- Why you need to figure out how to design & dominate your own space
- The two levers that all high-level entrepreneurs want to pull to be successful
- Why, today, there are too many solutions without a problem
- Why it’s key to create a new category and become the ‘category king’
- Why it’s so important to be self-actualized and self-aware
- Why you need to be able to explain what problem you solve & why your product is different
- Why you need to create by reimagining the problem
- Creating the future of our choosing and not accepting somebody else’s definition of how something should be
- How to determine the value of your company
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with Chris: