Episode 595: Nothing phases me, with Charles Carroll
Charles Carroll is an eight-time Culinary Olympian, speaker and Executive Chef of the third busiest country club in the United States – Houston’s River Oaks. He won his first Culinary Olympics gold medal at the 1988 games at the age of 24 & was named one of the year’s Great Country Inn Chefs by the James Beard Foundation in 1993. Charles was personally commended by U.S. presidents Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama for his work with U.S. troops in Afghanistan in 2011 and 2013.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Keeping roadblocks from standing in the way of reaching your goals
- Why learning to listen is a critical skill for business owners to master
- The importance of being a good teammate
- How hiring the right people is vital to success
- Focusing your efforts into what you excel at
- Why it’s important to always dream big
- How taking a leap of faith can lead to success
- The power of persistence and how it leads to opportunity
- Not letting the negative hold you back in your business
- Being okay with the process and letting opportunity happen
Subscribe to Onward Nation!