Episode 534: The 52 Habits, with Bruce Eckfeldt.
After 10-years of running the company he founded — and having worked with dozens of early-stage founders and CEOs — Bruce Eckfeldt developed 52 habits that help entrepreneurs be better managers — because most entrepreneurs struggle to be good managers. And now Bruce shares a habit a week with his ever growing community — which are easy to use tips on how to apply them to your day-to-day work and grow your business faster and easier.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Creating a defensible calendar to help you accomplish your ‘big rocks’
- Forming a habit of assuming positive intent
- Using relationship power over role power
- An important decision-making process that Bruce learned in the early stages of his business
- Making the transition of being focused on the client to being focused on the culture when you are in a founder role
- Why entrepreneurs are typically bad managers
- Developing a way of thinking that focuses on ‘we’ not ‘I’ when it comes to the work
- The value of implementing a 90-day planning cycle
- How a talent review, clear priorities, and a culture of accountability can ensure success
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Bruce:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eckfeldt.com/onwardnation
- 52 Habits: www.eckfeldt.com/52habits