Crisis of disengagement, with Andrew Sherman.
Andrew Sherman is a Partner and Chair of the Washington, D.C. corporate department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. His practice is focused on issues affecting business growth for companies at all stages, including licensing and leveraging intellectual property, intellectual asset management and harvesting, and international transactional and franchising matters. He has served as an advisor to dozens of Fortune 500 companies and hundreds of emerging growth companies. He also counsels on issues such as franchising, licensing, joint ventures, strategic alliances, capital formation, distribution channels, technology development, and mergers and acquisitions. Andrew has written nearly 30 books, published many articles, and is a frequent keynote speaker. He has appeared on CNN, NPR, CBS News Radio, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Forbes, U.S. News & World Report, and other media.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Andrew’s testimony in front of Congress and why it was a dream for him
- The importance of giving thought to your legacy and mortality
- Returning to the core and asking yourself why you started your business in the first place
- The dangers of not having a succession plan
- What Andrew uses to help him get focused and be prepared each day
- How your habits evolve as your life goals, perspective and wisdom evolves
- Why you need to show genuine empathy and appreciation towards others
- Andrew’s new book “The Crisis of Disengagement” and some staggering stats that show we’re in a true crisis
- Why you need to take an engagement audit of your workforce and what it involves
- The impact of robotics and how our whole world and workplace is about to change because of it
- The ‘E.N.C.’ syndrome and why it is affecting so many leaders
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Andrew:
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.