Brett Gilliland is Co-Founder and CEO of Elite Entrepreneurs, which specializes in helping 7-figure business owners with the knowledge, tools, and processes they need grow to $10 million and beyond. He’s an expert in organization development, leadership, and strategy and spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from $7 million in annual revenue to over $100 million. One of Brett’s favorite professional accomplishments is co-creating Infusionsoft’s Elite Forum alongside CEO Clate Mask and building the Elite business.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Only three percent of businesses ever make it to the million dollar mark for revenue. It helps when you begin that business within the safety of another business.
- Why Brett decided to “spin out” Elite from InfusionSoft and how he believes it has helped Elite grow exponentially.
- The “value ladder.” What it is, the strategy behind it, and how the “slices” stack up.
- Building a customer acquisition machine and how Brett had to do it after the fact when Elite spun out from InfusionSoft.
- What is Elite Forum and how that transitioned to the need for Elite Momentum and why it matters for the clients Brett serves.
- Why it’s important for entrepreneurs to ask the following questions: “How can we provide more accountability? How can we offer more value? How can we be helpful at this level – and the next?” And then listen to the answers.
- Why Brett has so much respect for businesses that have built from the ground up without the safety net of a larger organization like InfusionSoft.
- Brett’s advice to entrepreneurs just getting started in creating a business.
- What it means to be intentional when beginning a company and why it’s so important.
- Why Brett believes it’s important to become the leader of your business so that you’re running your business rather than being run by your business.