Episode 602: Live in the moment, with Ava Kaufman
Ava Kaufman has the heart of a 17-year-old boy…literally. Just a few years ago, she was a successful businesswoman in Los Angeles, but after being diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disorder, life changed dramatically. She lost everything. After going through a heart transplant, Ava founded a nonprofit called “Ava’s Heart Foundation” which provides resources and case management to organ transplant patients and their families – filling a critical void in the healthcare system.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- The importance of living in the moment
- Why it’s important to celebrate all the stakeholders in a project
- Why donors and recipients have two different sets of emotions
- How Ava’s Heart is meeting a financial gap for organ recipients
- How Ava’s Heart provides education and resources to both donors and recipients
- The goal of Ava’s Heart: to become the go-to foundation for both donor and recipient families
- How sometimes businesses are formed out of great tragedy and then go on to serve a great purpose
- The importance of setting goals within your organization
- Why marketing and strategy are vital to a nonprofit’s success
- When forming a nonprofit, treating it as a business to ensure an easier path to success
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Ava: