How to Host an Event, with Greg Bray
Greg Bray is the President of Blue Tangerine, a digital marketing and website development agency that specializes in helping home builders grow their sales. They achieve that goal by helping clients build a better website and drive more qualified traffic to the site, all while using data analytics to measure results. Greg considers it a privilege to lead this team of talented professionals.
Greg began developing home builder websites in 2000 and has been hooked ever since. The tools have matured since that time, but one thing hasn’t changed: the goal to grow sales!
In 2006, as VP of Operations, Greg purchased the company and achieved his dream of owning his own business, renaming it Blue Tangerine Solutions. In 2014, he partnered with Triad Analytics to expand the agency’s marketing services. In 2017, the companies formally merged and became today’s Blue Tangerine.
Greg enjoys teaching the techniques and skills that he’s learned. He can explain complex technical topics in easy-to-understand language. He has presented at the International Builders’ Show (IBS), the Southeast Building Conference, the Best Home Building Practices Summit, the New Home Sales and Management Retreat, as well as other webinars and events. He is proud to be the founder and co-host of the Home Builder Digital Marketing Podcast and Summit.
There’s another important piece to add to Greg’s already impressive resume and that’s Blue Tangerine’s authority position — it’s where Greg and I are going to focus our time and attention today. Greg and his Blue Tangerine team are the creators of the Annual Home Builder Digital Marketing Summit. We will discuss Greg’s leadership and Blue Tangerine’s influence within the digital marketing industry, as well as their dedication to organizing the Annual Home Builder Digital Marketing Summit.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why and how Greg and his team started the Annual Home Builder Digital Marketing Summit
- Why the initial step for creating the event was crucial to establish a clear vision and goal
- Why the Summit is not only a marketing tool for Blue Tangerine but also an opportunity for business development
- How being on stage and owning the room from an authority perspective has benefited Blue Tangerine
- The various ways partners and sponsors can amplify an event from a dollar strategy standpoint
- The pitfalls Blue Tangerine faced, and what Greg might do differently when looking back
- Website: https://bluetangerine.com/
- LinkedIn Personal: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregbray/
- LinkedIn Business: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-tangerine-llc/
- Podcast: https://www.buildermarketingpodcast.com
- Summit Link: https://www.buildermarketingsummit.com/