Stephen Woessner is the founder and CEO of Predictive ROI, a digital marketing agency, and the host of Onward Nation — a top-rated daily podcast for learning how today’s top business owners think, act, and achieve. Onward Nation is listened to in 120 countries around the world with over 28,000+ email subscribers.
Since the advent of the commercial Internet, Stephen has collected tens of thousands of data points that have given him the ability to identify what he calls the “8 Money Draining Mistakes” and the “8 Money Making Opportunities.” Darren Hardy, then-publisher of SUCCESS Magazine, interviewed Stephen to discuss how business owners can identify and fix the mistakes.
Stephen served in the United States Air Force, spent six years at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse as a full-time academic staff member and taught digital marketing classes to small business owners throughout the state including the prestigious School of Business at UW-Madison, has owned five businesses, and is the author of three books, “The Small Business Owner’s Handbook to Search Engine Optimization”, “Increase Online Sales Through Viral Social Networking”, and “Profitable Podcasting.”
His digital marketing insights have been featured in Forbes.com, Entrepreneur.com, The Washington Post, and Inc. Magazine.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Stephen offers a high-level review of the “Sell With Authority” methodology outlined in the book of the same name he co-authored with Drew McLellan
- How the research presented in the Edelman Trust Barometer illustrates that an audience trusts industry experts and people like them more than anyone else
- What four key qualifications serve to make someone a true thought leader, and why each of these qualifications matter when creating your cornerstone content
- The three steps to take to “plant your flag of authority” within your chosen niche and with build trust and credibility with your target audience
- How “cobblestone content” can lead people back to your cornerstone content and down your sales funnel
- How to find the real “golden nuggets” in your cornerstone content that can be sliced and diced into your cobblestone content
- Stephen provides several real-world examples of slicing and dicing content and the power of cobblestone and cornerstone content in thought leadership
- Why a weekly Q&A session can be a fantastic way to connect with your audience, and how content can interconnect and cross-promote to expand your reach
- What other powerful and proven resources, tools and other content Predictive ROI has found useful in reaching out to their audience
- Why low-pressure and no-pressure email content can turn out a surprising number of high-quality leads
- The Edelman Trust Barometer: www.edelman.com/trust/2021-trust-barometer
- Free Executive Leadership Summary report from Predictive ROI: https://predictiveroi.com/research
- Sell With Authority by Drew McLellan and Stephen Woessner: https://amzn.to/39y7x13
- Predictive ROI Free Resource Library: https://predictiveroi.com/resources/
- Stephen Woessner’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/stephenwoessner/