How podcasting grew my business, with Stacy Tuschl.
Stacy Tuschl is a speaker, business coach, and the owner of The Academy of Performing Arts in Wisconsin. She is the author of “Is Your Business Worth Saving” where she reveals proven strategies for pulling entrepreneurs out of a rut and launching them toward business success. She is the host of the brilliant podcast Business Rescue Road Map, which became the #1 podcast in iTunes New & Noteworthy just 48-hours after launch!
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
What is your show structure?
Business Rescue Road Map airs three episodes a week — interviews with high-achieving entrepreneurs on Monday and Wednesday and a solocast on Friday. Stacy loves the mix, especially since she gets to learn answers to questions like whether or not work-life balance exists.
Collection, Engagement, Conversion — how do these tie into the success of your podcast?
- Collection is the opt-in — you have to provide something so valuable that people can’t believe you’re giving it away for free
- Engagement — you have to stand out when everyone is doing the same thing
- Conversion — if your free stuff is great, they’ll be ready and waiting to hand you their money
What impact has your podcast had on your business?
- The relationships I’m building — I get free mentorship from people who charge a lot for consulting
- The opportunities — guest appearances on other podcasts, affiliate opportunities, etc.
Most critical skill you think business owners need to master to be successful at podcasting
People are listening to your show — you need to understand that people are there for your opinion and not just your guests — so have a real conversation.
What was your biggest obstacle — or challenge?
Launching is a challenge — so you need to have a great strategy and support team around you.
How many hours a week do you spend on podcasts?
I spend only my Wednesdays on podcasts by batching them. And even though I air two episodes a week — I record three episodes a week so I can build inventory.
What was your biggest unexpected surprise?
Even though the podcast didn’t exist at that point — I was able to get some amazing people to be my initial guests. Don’t sell yourself short because people will look into you.
How best to connect with Stacy:
- Website: StacyTuschl.com
- Free invite email: stacytuschl.com/onwardnation
- New podcast: businessrescueroadmap.com
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.