Connect your values with your money, with Phil Town.
Phil Town is an investor, motivational speaker, hedge fund manager and two-time New York Times best-selling author. Through “Rule #1 Investing”, he teaches personal investing at a free 3-day workshop where he empowers people to invest money on their own and stop relying on fund managers to determine their financial future. Phil has been featured in MSNBC, BusinessWeek, FOX, and CNBC, and has shared the stage with Steve Jobs, Colin Powell, Bill Clinton, and many others.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Phil’s background and how he learned to invest
- Why “showing up” is the first step to getting on the right path
- Why investing is not about money; it’s about knowledge
- The four Ms and how they apply to businesses
- The basic principles of long-term investing
- Why you should focus on investments that align with your values
- Where private businesses make the biggest mistakes
- How to look for a competitive advantage in potential investments
- What talent and integrity mean for a business
- How good business practices compare to military leadership philosophies
- How to read the emotions of the market
- What dharma means for investors
- Why it’s important to evaluate your passions and talents
- The differences among moats and how to identify yours
- The importance of building a brand
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Phil:
- Website: ruleoneinvesting.com/onwardnation
- Twitter: @Rule1_Investing
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.