Peter Strohkorb is an international speaker, sought after consultant and the CEO at Peter Strohkorb Consulting International. He has 20 years of hands-on Sales & Marketing experience in executive sales and marketing positions for some of the largest corporations on the planet, such as SONY, 3M, and Canon. Peter is the creator of the OneTEAM Method, author of a book of the same name, and a guest lecturer in the Executive MBA program of the Sydney Business School.
Click to tweet: Peter Strohkorb shares his outstanding experience and insights on Onward Nation!
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
Secret – timesaving technique
Peter writes out his daily task list — carve out the time each day to complete your tasks. ONWARD!
Daily habit that contributes to success
Be disciplined about not getting to excited by the new — Peter stays focused on the tasks he has to complete before jumping to the next thing.
Could have ruined your business – but now – an invaluable learning experience
Peter faced a market that refused to accept they had a problem — and Peter tells the whole story here.
Most critical skill you think business owners need to master to be successful
“It’s so important to get out of your office and actually talk to your prospects, customers, and peers.”
Most influential lesson learned from a mentor
“Be entrepreneurial, but in a disciplined way.”
Final Round – “Breaking Down the Recipe for Success”
What systems would you go back and put into place sooner?
I would have had an advisory board.
What one strategy or “recipe” would compound into big wins for business owners?
Do not look at your people as people in specific departments.
How to exceed expectations and add the most value?
An individual would use their ears and mouth proportionally — you have two ears and one mouth.
What strategy would you recommend new business owners focus on to best ensure success?
- Internal: Look at how your business is structured and get some advice
- External: Try to talk to your clients and prospects and let them figure out that they have a problem that you can solve
How best to connect with Peter:
- Email: email@example.com (ask for the smarketing checklist)
- Book: www.amazon.com/OneTEAM-Method-Marketing-Collaboration-business/dp/1507834705
- Website: www.peterstrohkorb.com
- Website: www.peterstrohkorbconsulting.com
- Self Assessment Tool: www.peterstrohkorbconsulting.com/self-assessment-tool