Lori Ames, a veteran book publicist, is the president and founder of ThePRFreelancer, a public relations agency specializing in publicity, marketing, and public relations for non-fiction book authors. She started her business in late 2010 after her son was diagnosed with an inoperable malignant brain tumor and believes that her reason for success is very simple – and that’s why she’s been nice to every person she’s spoken to for the past 25 years.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- How stubbornness and determination can lead to success
- How having fewer rules and more flexibility in the workplace leads to more focused employees
- The importance of not listening to those who say something can’t be done
- Why good communication is the most critical skill business owner need in order to thrive
- Choosing good mentors who you respect and can learn from
- Keeping emotion out of the hiring and firing of employees
- Knowing when the time is right to start hiring employees
- How being nice to everyone you come in contact with will help your future success
- Staying true to your business by building a niche and being known for that niche
- Blocking out negative talk by those who tell you that you won’t succeed
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Lori: