Master message coach and copy expert Lindsay Hotmire loves to work with coaches and leaders who know there’s nothing formulaic about authenticity. To date, Lindsay has helped 200+ clients (and counting) ditch one-size-fits-all frameworks and formulas so they can simply and genuinely align their message with their beliefs, their values, and (ever-so-importantly) their audience.
Once upon a time (before Google changed the world), Lindsay was a high school English teacher. And while she still gets a bit nerdy over sentence diagrams, she adamantly refuses to take sides on the Oxford comma. These days, she unapologetically geeks out over introducing a little bit of woo to a whole lot of science, and she’s used her intuition, creativity, and slightly dusty math skills to help her clients create $10,000 to $1M campaigns all without losing sight of their true, authentic selves.
Find her at lindsayhotmire.com or connect with her on Instagram @lindsayhotmire.
What you will learn from this episode:
- How Lindsay began as a high school teacher before working on a variety of projects, and how she got into her current work helping entrepreneurs tell their stories in new ways
- Why Lindsay believes that stories have the power to change lives, and why stories can create authentic human connections
- What a “validating circle of inquiry” is, and how it relates to a concept called the “phenomenological nod”, and why this is the goal of storytelling in marketing
- Why assumption bias, leading with what we think we know, is a real problem in modern-day marketing
- Linsday shares examples of costly assumption bias marketing mistakes from major brands Pontiac and Walmart
- Why many entrepreneurs and business owners are being forced to pivot because they didn’t put in the time to do the values work pre-pandemic
- Where Lindsay recommends you begin doing the important value work, and how a tool called the Authenticity Inventory can help determine what work you need to do
- Why your behavior must align with your beliefs, and why too often we think we’re aligned when we really aren’t
- How the global pandemic has changed people’s needs and has altered the world of business coaching as a result
- How a staggering 86% of consumers are looking to brands to fill the gaps that the government doesn’t fill
- How real diamonds and fake diamonds differ, and how that applies to your company’s right messaging
- Download Free Authenticity Guide at https://lindsayhotmire.com/
- Website: https://lindsayhotmire.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/lindsayhotmire/
- Instagram: @lindsayhotmire
- Sell With Authority by Drew McLellan and Stephen Woessner: https://amzn.to/39y7x13
- Predictive ROI Free Resource Library: https://predictiveroi.com/resources/
- Stephen Woessner’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/stephenwoessner/