Kate Sweetman is a founding partner at SweetmanCragun and co-author of the upcoming book, Reinvention: Accelerating Results in the Age of Disruption. Sweetman was listed as an Emerging Guru with Thinkers50, and is co-author of the bestselling business book, The Leadership Code published by Harvard Business Press. Her first-hand experience with world leaders, Fortune 100 organizations, and Asian multi-nationals provides a substantial foundation for insights that extend beyond borders. A former editor at Harvard Business Review, she has been published in HBR, Sloan Management Review, Boston Globe, and the Times of India, and has appeared on CNBC in the U.S. and India. She is also a coach and visiting lecturer at MIT’s Legatum Center for Entrepreneurship.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Kate’s background
- Keeping Stephen Covey’s Important vs. Urgent Matrix front of mind
- Why you need to do three tasks every single day
- Getting information delivered to you so that you are always learning and spreading that knowledge across your network
- Why Kate begins her morning with quiet time
- What Kate and her team did when her contact page was broken for 2.5 month after a book launch
- Why you have to double check to make sure your technology is working correctly
- Why you need to talk about what it is that you’re doing with other people whose opinions matter
- Staying focused on your end goal
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with Kate: