Karla Nelson has built several businesses and has learned that in business and in life, “Relationships Are Everything.” And now she had put it all in a form that’s easy to learn and use: The People Catalysts which is also the name of her super-awesome podcast which I highly recommend that you download. Karla and her team have used Who-Do Method with 25 of the Fortune 100 and dozens of mid-market companies and startups. Typically, they cut 50-80% off cycle time and produce better results with happier people. The Who-do Method’s client list includes Target, Best Buy, Disney, Comcast, 3M, Amazon, General Mills, HP, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Cargill, Chase, US Bank, State Farm Insurance, IBM and many other corporate market leaders.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- The Who-Do method and a breakdown of the four roles that make it up
- The constraints to grow within a company and getting everyone properly aligned with their roles and responsibilities
- The importance of making relationships a priority on your checklist
- The two things that can cost your business the most
- How every challenge can always be brought back to a people or leadership problem
- The importance of connecting with other human beings
- Why you need to be coachable even as a leader
- Empowering other people to be the leader of their work and owning their space
- Speaking in context, not content, when speaking to your team
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Karla: