Episode 512: Resilience is key to success, with Karla Nelson.
Karla Nelson has built several businesses and has learned that in business and in life, “Relationships Are Everything.” And now she had put it all in a form that’s easy to learn and use: The People Catalysts which is also the name of her super-awesome podcast which I highly recommend that you download. Karla and her team have used Who-Do Method with 25 of the Fortune 100 and dozens of mid-market companies and startups. Typically, they cut 50-80% off cycle time and produce better results with happier people. The Who-do Method’s client list includes Target, Best Buy, Disney, Comcast, 3M, Amazon, General Mills, HP, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Cargill, Chase, US Bank, State Farm Insurance, IBM and many other corporate market leaders.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- The Who-Do method and a breakdown of the four roles that make it up
- The constraints to grow within a company and getting everyone properly aligned with their roles and responsibilities
- The importance of making relationships a priority on your checklist
- The two things that can cost your business the most
- How every challenge can always be brought back to a people or leadership problem
- The importance of connecting with other human beings
- Why you need to be coachable even as a leader
- Empowering other people to be the leader of their work and owning their space
- Speaking in context, not content, when speaking to your team
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Karla: