How to keep your business safe in today’s digital world, with John Iannarelli
John Iannarelli retired from the FBI after more than 20 years of service, during which time he was a member of the FBI SWAT Team and participated in the investigations of the Oklahoma City Bombing, the 9/11 attack, the shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and the Sony hack. Among his many FBI assignments, John previously served in Washington, D.C. as the FBI National Spokesperson and later with the Executive Staff of the FBI’s Cyber Division. He was a Cyber Squad Supervisor before becoming the Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Phoenix Division, the number two position overseeing all Criminal, Cyber and Counter Intelligence investigations throughout Arizona. During his FBI tenure, John was also the recipient of the FBI Directors Distinguished Service Award, for which he was selected from the ranks of the Bureaus 35,000 employees.
An energetic and entertaining speaker, John is the author of four books, including Why Teens Fail and What to Fix, a parents guide to protecting their children from Internet predators and other dangers, Information Governance Security about how businesses can protect their important information from loss or compromise and How to Spot A Terrorist Before Its Too Late, a guide to help people recognize and prevent terrorism before it can occur. His soon to be released fifth book, Disorderly Conduct, examines the lighter side of law enforcement and the humorous moments during Johns FBI career.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- John’s career as a law enforcement officer and special agent with the FBI
- Why businesses are more likely to be robbed behind the keyboard than with a gun
- Simple ways that business owners can prevent being hacked and have money stolen by criminals
- The biggest scams that hackers are currently using to hack your email and take your money
- The policies you need to have in place for money transactions
- Why you need to look into a password manager
- The importance for you and your team to have basic cybersecurity education
- What is malware and how it can cause damage
- How bringing someone in to train your team could be helpful
- An example of how a Law Firm was hacked and had $1 million taken from them
- How dangerous thumb drives and free wifi from public restaurants can be for your work’s network
- What you need to know about Cyber Insurance and an overview of what it can cover
- The responsibilities you have as a business owner when it comes to cybersecurity
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.