Making a positive impact through thought leadership, with John Dameron
Upon graduating from college, John Dameron started a career with Marriott International. After almost seven years as a hotel manager, John was seeking more autonomy over his future and decided to change his course. He entered the financial services industry in 1997 and quickly found his niche in helping physicians with their personal finances. As he continued to gain experience in the medical community, John co-founded Spaugh Dameron Tenny in 2002. Today, Spaugh Dameron Tenny educates and advises physicians and dentists in more than 26 states.
What you will learn from this episode:
- Why a family tradition of working in the financial sector inspired John to go into financial planning himself, and how he and his partners founded their business
- Why financial issues are the number two cause of physician burnout, and how John and his team recognized they could assist with that issue through thought leadership
- Why intentionality and team-driven content creation has been the secret sauce powering the growth of the business
- What strong client feedback John and his team are receiving with regards to their thought leadership channels
- Now niching down and focusing on just doctors and dentists was a difficult leap that proved to be one of the best moves the practice made
- Why focusing on a specific niche helped the firm streamline their efforts and helped keep them from spreading themselves too thin
- How John’s team taps into their deep well of experience to utilize in their thought leadership efforts
- Why learning to delegate is a difficult challenge that business owners must master if they want their businesses to grow
- Why, when you’re stuck on a project or idea, you shouldn’t be asking “how” to do it but should instead be asking “who” has the answers
- Predictive ROI Free Resource Library: https://predictiveroi.com/resources/
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.