Following your passion while setting attainable goals, with Joe Battista
Joe Battista is a professional speaker, instructor, author, and Owner of Pragmatic Passion LLC Consulting. His first book “The Power of Pragmatic Passion” was released in September of 2018. He serves as Vice President and an Executive Coach for the National Athletic and Professional Success Academy. In 19 seasons as the head coach of the Penn State Icers his teams won 512 games and six American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) national championships. Joe helped secure the largest gift in Penn State history from Terry and Kim Pegula ($88 Million) in 2010 to establish NCAA hockey teams and construct the Pegula Ice Arena. He was named Associate Athletic Director to oversee the project. The American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA) named Joe the 2014 winner of the “Lou Lamoriello Award” for his career contributions to college hockey. Joe was a Vice President of the Buffalo Sabres and a Director of Amateur Hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins. He is a member of the American Collegiate Hockey Association Hall of Fame and the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame. Joe is a 1983 graduate of Penn State’s Smeal College of Business and he resides in State College, PA with his wife Heidi and they have 3 children, Brianna (26), Jon (24), and Ryan (18).
What you will learn from this episode:
- How wise mentorship and coaching from others helped guide Joe to follow his passion into a career in the business and coaching sides of hockey
- How Joe’s time at Penn State was capped by helping raise the largest single financial gift in the university’s history to establish Penn State’s hockey program
- How Joe’s book “The Power of Pragmatic Passion” has been a powerful networking and business development tool for his business
- How Joe defines a “pragmatic passion”, and why he believes passion alone isn’t enough to succeed
- How turning his “pragmatic passion” into a career has given Joe a deeper feeling of fulfillment and purpose
- What Joe’s “seven common sense principles” are, and how business leaders can integrate these principles into their leadership
- Why you should give yourself a quarterly or semi-annual “you review” evaluation of where you are in life and in your career
- Why purpose and passion can be incredible tools to help you get through the “grind” parts of your career
- Why convenience store brand Sheetz employs someone specifically to figure out how to put the company out of business five years from now
Attract all the right-fit clients you need
LIVE from 8:30am to 12 Noon Central
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.