Through his life in martial arts, Jim Bouchard transformed himself from dropout, drug abuse, and failure to successful entrepreneur and a Black Belt. Over 30 years of practice, studying, and teaching, he has developed the tools needed to master life, career, and business. As a speaker, trainer, and author of “THINK Like a BLACK BELT” and “THE SENSEI LEADER”, Jim is in demand internationally among corporate and conference audiences. He appears regularly on TV and radio including BBC Worldview and FOX News.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Jim’s background
- Some of the greatest gifts that martial arts have given Jim
- How mastery is about getting somewhere, not about being somewhere
- The techniques Jim uses to stay on course for the day
- The importance of developing the habit of discipline
- Why you need to ask yourself “Am I where I want to be today?”
- Why, as leaders, you need to let people fail constructively
- Why you need to respect your core values to do the difficult things
- Why you need to be comfortable with uncertainty
- Why Jim feels that success is nothing more than the product of abundance
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How best to connect with Jim: