Episode 515: The cornerstones to biz dev, with Drew McLellan.
Drew McLellan is a 25-year marketing veteran who helps clients create authentic love affairs with their customers. Drew has run his own agency, the McLellan Marketing Group for over 20 years and helps the owners of over 250 small to mid-size agencies a year learn how to take their business to the next level through his consultancy, the Agency Management Institute. Drew has appeared in the New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Businessweek, and Fortune Small Business. The Wall Street Journal calls Drew one of 10 bloggers that every entrepreneur should read. You may also remember Drew and the wisdom he shared during Episodes 32, 167, and 292 of Onward Nation.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Drew’s latest endeavors and what he’s bringing to the community
- How Drew helps agencies improve their work
- What prompted Drew to start his podcast
- Why it’s critical to delegate tasks
- What to think about first thing in the morning for time management
- What business owners need to let go of in order to grow
- How fighting fires all day can hurt your business in the long run
- How constant reinvention slows development
- What thought leadership really does for businesses
- The value of sharing without arrogance
- How rapid growth can kill a business
- Why developing your business by referral can be a problem
- The importance of planting seeds every day
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Drew:
- Website: agencymanagementinstitute.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @DrewMcLellan