Episode 489: Vulnerability is your greatest power, with Dov Baron.
Dov Baron has been speaking internationally for over 30-years, he’s the man with a finger on the pulse of the evolving world of NextGen leadership. One of Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Leadership Speakers to hire, Dov is a master storyteller and considered by many as the leading authority on Authentic Leadership, and the founder of Full Monty Leadership and The Authentic Speaker Academy for Leadership. Dov also works with multi-disciplinary leaders and executive teams to build the bonds that create organizational cultures that become fiercely loyal. Dov is a bestselling author of several books and his latest is entitled, “Fiercely Loyal; How High Performing Companies Develop and Retain Top Talent.” He has been featured on CNN, CBS Small Business Pulse, Yahoo Finance, Boston Globe, USA today, Entrepreneur and many more.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- Dov’s background
- Why being a leader is not only a position…it’s an image
- Vulnerability: the greatest power you have as a leader
- Why you want people to see your humanity as a strength
- Building a culture around authenticity
- Why it’s important to master the skill of courageous conversation
- Why you need to learn to be a great speaker if you’re going to be a great leader
- Recognizing that fear is part of the journey – giving into it is not
- Being honest with both your strengths & weaknesses
- How your purpose is hidden behind the pain that you refuse to look at
- How there are things in your history, whether positive or negative, that can be incredible catalysts for business growth
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
How to best connect with Dov:
- Website: fullmontyleadership.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/DovBaronLeadership
- Twitter: @TheDovBaron
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/dovbaron